10 Things You Can Do to Prepare for #GLS18
TOPICS IN THIS NEWS UPDATENorth America
It’s nearly time!
There are just two days left until hundreds of thousands of leaders from around the world will gather together to invest in their leadership.
Many of you are polishing off your projects, setting up your out-of-office, and preparing your heart for all you will experience at the 2018 Global Leadership Summit.
You are leaders who care about growth, invest in your development and commit to get better. We want to equip you with everything you need to have an incredible GLS experience!
Here are 10 tips to make the most of your 2018 Global Leadership Summit!
Get speaker biographies, the daily schedule, speaker polls, order speaker books and DVDs, save and share session notes, register for 2018 Summit, and more!
For year-round leadership development, GLSnext provides more than 700 videos from world-class Summit faculty with new videos added each week.
3. One of our speakers has a new book focused on the life of Elisha in the Bible.
4. Identify the teams in your organization that contain age, culture, or gender diversity.
What challenges are you encountering on those teams? Create a list of challenges and bring them with you to the conference.
5. Honestly evaluate the last difficult conversation you had with someone in your organization.
Was it positive? Was it hurtful? Sheila Heen will bring research and expertise to teach us how we can be better prepared for those difficult conversations in our organizations.
6. Recall the last time you experienced extraordinary hospitality.
How did that experience affect you? What made the hospitality so radically different? Restauranteur Danny Meyer will teach us how great organizations can practice world-class hospitality.
7. Rate yourself on your ability to anticipate future opportunities or challenges.
Where do you fall on the scale of how well you anticipate the future?
1 = Low Ability to Anticipate
5 = High Ability to Anticipate
One of our speakers will help us learn how to grow in this critical leadership skill. He will start his talk with this quote from Wayne Gretzky: “Most players skate to where the puck is. I skate to where it is going to be.”
8. Take a moment to evaluate whether or not you are truly living out of your God-given calling.
How much does your faith affect the work you are doing? We will hear three stories about individuals who have claimed a grander vision for their lives.
9. Join the conversation on social media.
Add a daily prayer this week: “God, prepare my heart to hear the message you need me to hear at the Summit. Guide me to know where to focus my growth for the next leadership season.”